We do this through peer support by engaging,
encouraging and providing relevant information.
We offer a warm welcome and a place
where people are accepted and listened to.
Our services are free of charge
and no referrals are required.
We have been down that road before.
Phone us : (03) 365 9479
At MHAPS we offer a warm welcome and a place where people are accepted and listened to.
Our passion is to assist people who experience mental distress/mental illness and/or addictions towards recovery.
All of us at MHAPS have a personal or family experience of mental illness, mental distress or addictions. Our peer support workers have particular personal understanding of anxiety and of bipolar disorder. You can be assured of empathy and an accepting attitude from our staff. Read more about us
What We Do
- peer support services focussed on recovery to people with anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, substance addiction and other forms of mental distress
- peer advocacy through Consumer Advocacy Services for people with mental illness and/or addiction experience
- Latnam House, a peer-run drop in social centre
- Awareness, a consumer leadership and participation forum who are contributing effective ideas for improvements to mental health and addiction services
- a weekly radio show on Plains FM covering a range of topics related to mental health and wellbeing
- informative websites on anxiety and bipolar disorder
826 Colombo Street (corner Peterborough Street),
Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
Phone : 03 365 9479
Rural Phone : 0800 437 324
P.O. Box 33-332, Barrington,
Free street parking in Peterborough Street.
Bus # : 14, 8, 11, 12, 18, 22, 29
Mental Health Awareness Week October 6th to 12th
- Keep Learning
Check out our :
Together on the road to wellbeing